ABOUT THE ID ISSUER PROJECT
IS ID ISSUER FOR YOU?
You must use the system if you are involved in the tobacco trade as:
- The first retail outlet operator
- Retail outlet
The ID Issuer system is a response to European and national legislation on the labeling of all tobacco products with a unique identifier, enabling to trace them throughout the Union. The legal base for the functioning of the system is:
- Directive 2014/40/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 3 April 2014
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/574 of 15 December 2017
- Act from 22/02/2019 amending the Act on the protection of health against the effects of tobacco and tobacco products
- Regulation of the Minister of Finance of April 5, 2019 regarding the designation of the entity issuing identifiers.
ID ISSUER - WHAT IS IT FOR?
- Provides unique codes to identify economic operators involved in the marketing of tobacco products.
- Provides unique codes to identify tobacco facilities and first retail outlets.
- Provides unique codes to identify the machines on which tobacco products are manufactured.
- Generates unique identifiers for unit packets ordered by tobacco manufacturers.
- Generates unique identifiers for aggregated packaging ordered by tobacco manufacturers.
- Delivers the generated identifiers and codes to the ordering operators and provides this information through a router to the relevant repositories.
- Settles services of delivering generated identifiers to economic operators.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS?
- Unique identifiers for operators, facilities and machines are free of charge
- Prices for unique identifiers for unit and aggregate packaging are set individually for each operator signing a contract with PWPW.